Are you looking to make a difference in a dog’s life?
Check out our slideshow to get a glimpse of being part of Team HIP:
click here –> Team HIP – Together we save lives!
There are many ways that you can help our dogs along their path to a FOREVER home.
Volunteer: All of us with Hounds in Pounds are volunteers. There are no paid positions. The time volunteers offer varies from a few to countless hours. Any amount of time that you can offer is greatly appreciated. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping us save lives.
There are several ways to volunteer:
- Dog Transport: Transportation is occasionally needed to veterinary appointments, foster homes, meet and greets and other events. Volunteers provide their own vehicles and crates. There is no reimbursement for volunteer dog transport incurred costs.
- Fundraising: It takes money to save animals. The hard reality is that vet care is incredibly expensive and we have other costs as well for items such as dog food, crates for foster homes, heart worm and flea/tick prevention . If you would like to get involved to help us raise funds, we welcome your participation!
- Grant Writing: We are always in need of experienced grant writers who can help us seek out and capitalize on funding opportunities.
- Home Assessment Home assessment volunteers provide a very important role in the adoption process as they ensure that the new home is suitable for the dog. You will be provided a home assessment form including guidelines. We will also provide details on the dog including the type of home the adoption team believes is best.
- Meet & Greet facilitators: Meet & Greets with the potential adoptive family including pets and our dog is another importance role in the adoption process. Our facilitators meet with the family and their pets at neutral location to introduce our dog to the family. This is a perfect opportunity for experienced dog handlers!
Donate: High on our list is monetary donations. Our success is dependent on donations. Every dollar donated goes directly to assist the rescued dogs. All donations are appreciated, whether large or small. One time or recurring donations can be made via Paypal by sending money to: email@example.com or by going to our website http://houndsinpounds.com/donate/ . Checks can sent to PO Box 462, Allendale, NJ 07401. Hounds in Pounds, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charity and all donations are tax deductible.
Foster: The more foster homes we have the more homeless abandoned animals we can save. We are looking to expand our foster home base in Georgia (within one hour of Fayetteville) and New Jersey (within one hour of Allendale). Foster families play an incredibly important role in a rescue dog’s journey to a new life. We rely on local volunteer foster families to provide the love and necessary care for these dogs. Hounds in Pounds pays for all food, supplies and medical expenses; all you need to supply is LOVE! If you are interested in providing a temporary loving home, please complete an application on our website at http://houndsinpounds.com/foster/.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/houndsinpoundsinc/ By commenting and/or sharing our posts you help people see who we are and what we do! Share our requests for financial assistance or available dogs with your friends and families. Many of our dogs find their forever home thanks to Facebook sharing.
Order from Chewy.com: Chewy will donate $20 to Hounds in Pounds for all first time customers who place an order by clicking on the provided link. Help us out by giving them a try! http://www.chewy.com/rp/5227